Website YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
SELF EMPLOYED: Self Employed Mental Health Trainer (Monthly Retainer)
JOB REFERENCE: 210804A
LOCATION: Various – schools and settings across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk
We are looking for an experienced trainer(s) to join our mental health services team in order to deliver a range of training programmes for teachers, staff, parents and students across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.
Working for an agreed amount of hours per month you will:
- Deliver a range of pre-written courses, workshops and presentations to schools and other settings linked to a locally approved competency framework
- Monitor and deliver training which is up to date and considers any changes to legislation, research, and professional standards
- To adapt content to the needs of delegates as appropriate
- Support with the design and development of new and existing courses as appropriate
- Promote whole setting approaches to wellbeing and keep up to date with services provided by YMCA Trinity Group
- Ensure the quality of service is maintained and improved by collecting feedback following all training and following up any delegate questions or issues
- Keep up to date with evidence-based knowledge, skills and current legislation around the training topics.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working with young people and delivering mental health services
- A relevant qualification (ideally a Play/Art Therapist or Counsellor on a register accredited by the Professional Standards Authority)
- Experience of delivering training or presentations to adults and young people
- Be able to deliver a range of subjects which include; Mental Health Awareness, Anxiety & Depression, Self Harm, Building Resilience, Managing Challenging Behaviour, Attachment, Staff wellbeing, supervision skills, etc
- Be able to deliver student workshops or assemblies
- Be able to travel independently
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD
Days and Hours
15-30 hours per month as agreed (term-time only)
£20-25ph depending on experience
Visit the ‘Work with Us’ page on our website (ymactrinitygroup.org.uk) to apply.
View Job Advert and Job Description in full here
Complete an online application form here
We encourage you to clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet the person specification criteria detailed in the job description for this role. Unfortunately, incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: 04/08/2021
Interviews: Are to be arranged for week commencing 09/08/2021
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Preety Sidhu, Mental Health Training & Development Manager:
T: 01733 373 187
We also have sessional trainer roles available on an ad-hoc basis. Click here for more information.
Unless stated otherwise, we do require an application form, completed in full, should you wish to be considered for a role with YMCA Trinity Group. Applications are scored against the relevant job description. CV’s will not be considered as an application. Occasionally we fill a role sooner than expected and we reserve the right to withdraw vacancies before an advertised closing date. Early application is advised. An email will be sent to confirm receipt of applications, please contact us if you have a problem submitting your application.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. Visit the ‘work with us page’ at ymcatrinitygroup.org.uk to view our current work and volunteering opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.